This page displays the details of an RFx. See the detailed help in each section for specific information.
Cladding Rectification Professional Services – hosted by Major Projects Canberra Register of Suppliers
The ACT Government is hosting a Register of Suppliers to assist private property owners who may have potentially combustible cladding to:
- testing and assessing whether the cladding on their building is combustible
- providing advice and guidance on the fire safety risk to residents as a result of the cladding
- advising building owners on any remediation work required to reduce the risk to residents to an acceptable level
- providing a detailed cost estimate on the recommended remediation works
- advising the building owners on any interim steps they should take to mitigate the fire risk until remediation works are completed; and
- undertaking remediation work.
What is the Register of Suppliers?
Often building owners are not quite sure where to get help on a technical building issue such as cladding. Owners may be not sure of the qualifications and skills needed to undertake cladding work. This Register will be an open, publicly available list hosted on the Major Projects Canberra website, which details suppliers who have the qualifications, experience, licences and insurance to undertake cladding work in the ACT. We are seeking applications from people who are qualified, insured and licensed to work on cladding rectification projects in the ACT as:
- Building Surveyors/Certifiers
- Fire Engineers
- Project Managers
- Quantity Surveyors, and
- Structural and/or Façade Engineers
This Register will be publicly available and may be accessed by building owners such as:
- individuals who are owners of private buildings
- owners corporations
- owners of commercial buildings.
The services required from suppliers will vary for different projects but would be likely to include site inspection, assessment of fire safety risk, engineering and architectural design advice and documentation services, building certification advice and cost estimation,get advice on mitigation options that can be put in place immediately to reduce the risk, while they waiting to remediate the cladding; and undertake remediation work to remove the cladding.
The Register is not a procurement panel for Government work and it will not lead to a request for work from the Government.
Please go to Information for Suppliers - Major Projects Canberra (act.gov.au) for further information and to apply for inclusion on the Register of Suppliers.
No submissions should be made to TendersACT or a tender box on this TendersACT site.